Wednesday, October 10, 2018

The Digital Transformation Revolution

The year 1989 was a watershed year. In 1989: • The first of 24 satellites of the GPS system is placed into orbit • Nintendo began selling the GameBoy • The 486 series of microprocesser was introduced by Intel • Microsoft first introduced Microsoft Office and The WWW was invented I graduated from college in 1989 and recall what one of my marketing professors said to me; “computers will change the world.” And in just 30 short years, computers and the invention of the WWW has fundamentally changed everything we know about society and how we communicate with it. Right now, I am sitting at a softball field, my iPad functioning as a hotspot, working on my laptop that has nearly a terabyte of storage space. As I look around, many other parents are working, playing Candy Crush on their digital devices or live streaming the practice to friends and family. Times have certainly changed. Or have they… If you look at technology from a business perspective, the challenges faced in 1989 are almost identical to those that businesses face now. Even with all of the advances of technology, managers and leadership still struggle with truly understanding simple things like...
The Digital Transformation Revolution posted first on http://www.captivix.com

No comments:

Post a Comment